ONGC is the Best in Operational Performance: ICC PSE Excellence Awards 2018
Dated : 29 August 2019 05:35:00 PM
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Limited has been adjudged the Best in ‘Operational Performance Excellence’ in the Maharatna & Navaratna category, as per Indian Chamber of Commerce PSE Excellence Awards for 2018. The awards were judged by an independent and distinguished jury, based on quantifiable parameters applied on detailed analysis of Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC).
ONGC was also adjudged the runner-up in ‘Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Sustainability’ in the same category. The awards were handed over during the 9th PSE Excellence Awards 2018 on 29 August 2019 at New Delhi.
ONGC Director (Finance) Subhash Kumar and ED Chief Corporate Strategy and Planning Akhil Verma (Left) receives the Award for Best ‘Operational Performance Excellence’ from former Secretary, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India Dr. Ajay Dua and former Director General, Border Roads Organization Lt. Gen. Ravi Shankar (Right)
The PSE Excellence Awards is an initiative by Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) to acknowledge the game changers among public enterprises who have contributed immensely in shaping up the Indian economy. It is a platform to celebrate the performance of PSUs.
The independent and distinguished Jury comprised:
- Former Secretary (DPE), Jury Chair, ICC Dr Bhaskar Chatterjee
- Advisor (Coal), Ministry of Coal, Government of India Mr Alok Perti
- Associate Director, KPMG Ms Deepa Gupta
- Former Chairman and Managing Director, ONGC Mr R S Sharma
- Dr. Kohli has been Adviser, Planning Commission, and former CMD Power Finance Corporation Dr Uddesh Kohli
- Director General, International Management Institute, New Delhi Dr Pritam Singh
- Former Chairman, Indian Oil Corporation Mr M A Pathan
- Former Chairman and Managing Director, HPCL Mr H L Zutshi
- President and Chief Operating Officer, HCL Mr J V Ramamurthy
Speaking about the transparent selection process adopted by the jury, former Secretary, Dept. of Public Enterprises and Jury Chair, ICC Dr Bhaskar Chatterjee said that the selection process has been very involved. The deep insights thrown up the data of PwC were thoroughly brainstormed and judged by the unique angles brought in each of the distinguished jury members.
Recently, ONGC had bagged four Awards in the Maharatna category in the Dun & Bradstreet (DNB) PSU Awards 2019 on 22 August - Best in Mining and Exploration (Crude Oil), Best Maharatna in Mining and Exploration, Best in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives and Best in Swachh Bharat Initiatives. ONGC had also been recently conferred with the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2019 on 23 August.