Colombia Ministry of Transport awards ONGC Videsh Limited for preparing Road Safety Strategy Plan
Representative of Ministry of Transport and Manager of Acies Group presented an award to ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) Colombia Branch in recognition for designing the Road Safety Strategy Plan, under the legal regulations set forth in Decree 1565 dated 2014 and Act 1503 dated 2011, in CPO-5 Block.
Recognition Certificate in Spanish (with English Translation)
Coordinator Legal Regulations of Ministry of Transport Andres Corredor and Manager of
Acies Group Jairo Viancha presenting Recognition Certificate to Country Manager Chandan Samajdar,
HSE Manager Shalabh Vatsyayan, and Carlos Letrado, HSE Team of CPO-5 Colombia
Strategic Road Safety Plan
- The Strategic Road Safety Plan is a methodology for the design, implementation and verification to ensure the mobility of crude oil tankers and the transport of personnel.
The sole purpose is to avoid major road incidents or accidents and to take care of environment and communities.
- The mission is to create a set of activities to have HSE coverage in the mobility of our operations and to have a leadership and a high commitment of responsibility in our operations.
- The objective of the road safety committee is to plan, design and review preventive actions to avoid legal issues in the company, prevent the company from having a bad reputation
- The strategic pillar is to develop HSE culture among people and also the legal compliance with the requirements of the Ministry of Transport in Colombia
- The scope of the road safety plan is for all ONGC employees, contractors and sub-contractors.
The Strategic Road Safety Plan is an essential mandatory Legal compliance requirement as per Colombian Regulations and its non-compliance can attract a penalty of approx. COP $ 1500 Million (USD 384,320) and can often result in closure of the field operations.