Established in November 2003, in the historic, culturally rich and highly industrialised city of Vadodara, School of Maintenance Practices (SMP) is the flagship of Technical Services. The institute was established as a 'Single Window' with the aim to provide comprehensive technical development of Maintenance Engineers and therefore the focus of trainings are the Field Engineers who operate and maintain the Oil Field Equipment.
Major Highlights for the year 2022-23:
Against its annual target of 91 trainings (69 for Field Exe & 100% for GTs), SMP organized 95 trainings, all of the trainings were conducted in offline mode. The training programs were conducted through OEM/OES and Government Institutes like National Skill Training Institute (NSTI), National Power Training Institute (NPTI) and National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE). Total 875 ONGC employees, including 54 Nos of GTs, have been trained during the year.
i) Three (03) new Training Programs, as listed below have been conducted during the year
- Training for Instrumentation personnel posted at New Generation Drilling rigs on “Siemens S7-1500 PLC System”.
- Training on “EPKS Fundamentals – Controller Operations” through M/s. Honeywell Automation India Ltd at Pune
- Training for QAD executives on “Physical & Chemical Testing of Rubber Products” through IRMRA, Thane
ii) Specialization training for Graduate Trainees
05 batches of Graduate trainees (total 54 Nos.) were trained against a target of 100% training for GTs.
Discipline wise break up of GTs training during the year is given as under:
Mechanical : 13 Nos. in 1 batch
Electrical : 20 Nos. In 2 batches
Instrumentation & E&T : 21 Nos. in 2 batches
iii) Training program for 2022-23 (plan vs achievement):
|Year||Number of Programs||Number of Executives Trained||Man-days Trained|
iv) Initiatives taken by SMP are as follows:
- The complete data for the trainings organized by SMP in FY 2022-23 has been codified and updated in SAP. The analysis of data has helped SMP in generating reports. The data can be accessed by all Assets/Basins /Plants /individuals and can help in planning the development needs of individuals.
- SMP has successfully completed Surveillance-1 Audit for ISO 9001:2015 through M/s Vexil Business Process Services, for the quality of trainings being conducted by the Institute.