Sea Survival Training

  • Why is Sea Survival Training critical?

  • ONGC’s Sea Survival Centre: A National, and indeed, a Global asset

  • Safety is paramount and valuable

  • A Training for all!

  • Other important training protocols


Asset Publisher

ONGC Videsh announces new discovery in Colombia

ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL), the wholly-owned subsidiary and overseas arm of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC), the state-owned energy giant of India, has made an oil discovery in the recently drilled Well Urraca-IX, located in Block CPO-5, Llanos Basin in Colombia. The Well Urraca-1X was spudded on 20 April 2022 and drilled to a target depth (TD) of 10956 ft, encountering 17 ft thick oil-bearing sands at a depth from 10201ft -10218 ft.

During the initial testing with an Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP), fluid flowed at approximately 600 bbl/day with around 40-50% W/C and oil of 16o API. Oil discovery in the lower Mirador opens up new areas for further exploration in the northern part of the Block.

ONGC Videsh has earlier discovered commercial oil in the lower sand pay in Mariposa and Indico fields in the Block in 2017 and 2018, respectively, which are currently producing at least 20,000 bbl/day.

Block CPO-5 was awarded to ONGC Videsh Limited in the 2008 bid round of Colombia. ONGC Videsh holds 70% participating interest (PI) in the Block, along with operatorship, while the remaining 30% is held by partner Geopark.

ONGC Videsh has a significant presence in Colombia’s oil and gas sector, with three other exploratory Blocks in the country and joint ownership of the oil-producing company Mansarovar Energy Colombia Ltd (MECL).

Oil discovery in the new Well Urraca-1X showcases the technical and operational prowess of ONGC Videsh and another feather in its cap towards the extensive exploration and drilling campaign in Colombia.