GEOPIC was established in 1987 at Dehradun with a specific mandate of providing solutions to complex E&P problems by integrating seismics with other geoscientific data. The centre has a state-of-the-art infra-structure backed by specialists in the field of seismic data processing, geoscientific data interpretation and software development along with a strong team of hardware engineers. It is the largest computing facility of ONGC and one of the few centers around the world for integrated processing and interpretation of Geoscientific data, from seismic to petrophysical, geological and reservoir engineering. Starting from a processing and interpretation center, the Institute has evolved and recognized as In-house R&D Unit by DSIR, GoI since 2011.
1. Significant Projects:
Few significant projects undertaken by GEOPIC during 2020-21 are given below:
- Seismic based thin bed reservoir delineation of a field in Western Onshore Basin.
- Reservoir property logs (Sw, PHIT, Vcl) prediction for Periyapattinam area in Cauvery Basin.
- Preparation of Integrated Geo Cellular Model and Dynamic Modelling of Nannilam field (Nannilam Pay sands), Cauvery Basin
- GCM of Nagyalanka Field, NELP Block- KG-ONN-3/1 of KG Basin Onshore
- Reservoir characterization & property volume generation, Nagayalanka, KG Basin Onshore
- Application of Data Analytics in Carbonate Reservoir Characterization of Ratnagiri and Panvel Play in NBP(D1) field.
- Reservoir Characterization and Play perception of Upper and Middle Bhuban Plays of Sundulbari Field of Tripura, Agartala
- Appraisal of Emerging Play: Kopili Formation and Assessment of its Play Potential in UAN sector
- Play consolidation of Mukta, Bassein & Panna plays and preparation of GCM of Mukta Field
2. Technologies upgraded/ inducted:
- Inducted AI based interpretation technology “Seisnetics”
3. Papers published for National-International Journal:
|2020-21||National Journal||International Journal|
A. Patents Filed:
Automated well to seismic calibration method
B. Patents obtained:
C. Copyrights Filed:
D. Copyrights registered:
The software is very useful in thin bed delineation by enhancing the spectral bandwidth of seismic data using the concept of Cepstral analysis on Synchro squeezed wavelet transformed seismic data.