GEOPIC was established in 1987 at Dehradun with a specific mandate of providing solutions to complex E&P problems by integrating seismic with other geoscientific data. The center has a state-of-the-art infrastructure backed by specialists in the field of seismic data processing, geoscientific data interpretation, and software development, along with a strong team of hardware engineers. It is the largest computing facility of ONGC and one of the few centers worldwide for integrated processing and interpretation of geoscientific data, from seismic to petrophysical, geological, and reservoir engineering. Starting from a processing and interpretation center, the Institute has evolved and been recognized as In-house R&D Institute by DSIR, GoI since 2011. Since its inception, GEOPIC transformed itself into a Centre for Excellence and today is one of the premier institutes of ONGC.
1. Significant Projects:
A few significant projects undertaken by GEOPIC during 2022-23 are given below:
- Application of Big Data Analytics for reservoir characterization in KG-DWN-98/2, KG Basin
- Improved reservoir prediction through geological process-response modeling of Olpad reservoir in Mansa Field
- Pre-Stack Inversion followed by 3D-MEM of Nawagam Field
- Reservoir characterization of Mandapeta Pays in Mandapeta field integrating CSPD data, KG Basin
- Play Potential Appraisal of Cretaceous sediments (BVG & NLM) in Palk-bay sub-basin, Cauvery Offshore
- Reservoir Characterization & preparation of GCM of Neelam field using 4C-3D OBN full azimuth seismic data
- 4D-GeoMechanical Study for Daman Formation in C-24 Area, Tapti Daman Sector, Western Offshore Basin
- Artificial Intelligence based automated fault extraction using seismic data
- To establish Processing workflow for un-explored and less-explored Basin
- FWI (Full Waveform Inversion) & RTM (Reverse Time Migration)
- To Develop a Processing workflow for sub-coal Imaging
- Fracture Characterization of 3D data of Padra Area
- Evaluation of Deep Learning based de-noising techniques to accelerate seismic processing workflows.
- To establish a workflow for Full Waveform Inversion (Acoustic) on 3D seismic data
2. Technologies upgraded/ inducted:
- Artificial intelligence-based automated fault extraction using seismic data.
- Acoustic Full Waveform inversion (in-house effort).
- AI-based geological feature mapping like MTC.
- A proof of concept (POC) study for advanced new-generation interpretation software, viz., Paleoscan, was completed with M/S Eliis.
- AASPI workflow was tested to generate advanced seismic attributes to add value to reservoir characterization.
- AI-based unsupervised clustering technique for generating a self-organizing map was tested using Agartala dome seismic data.
3. Papers published/presented for National-International Journal/Conferences:
|2022-23||National Journal/Conferences||International Journal/Conferences||Total|
- A. Patents Filed: None
- B. Patents obtained: None
- C. Copyrights Filed: 01
- Discontinuity Tracker (Python based Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning software)
- D. Copyrights registered: None