The Institute of Oil & Gas Production Technology (IOGPT) was established in 1984 under assistance from UNDP and ADB to meet the production and processing related technological requirement of Oil and Gas fields and processing plants. It also provides Technical Support and Consultancy both to ONGC (including ONGC Videsh and JV) and other E&P Companies.
The R&D facilities of IOGPT are recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR). It is also certified for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 for the QHSE Management System. IOGPT has IADC accreditation for conducting WellSharp Workover and Well Control course for training of personnel posted at Workover rigs at offshore and onshore.
1. Significant Projects:
High impact projects of IOGPT during 2022-23 are given below:
- Stimulation and Sand control design for wells of Daman formation in B17 area of Tapti Field
- Feasibility Study to Migrate Opeartions of Jolwa GGS and Dahej GGS to Either of the Installations & RDS GGS-3 Operations to RDS GGS-2.
- Process Package for Surface Facilities of Raniganj Field
- Conceptualization of optimized scheme for gas to meet Sales Specification at OGT, HPHT Asset
- Optimization of Fuel Gas Consumption at Installations of North Kadi, Mehsana Asset
- Deliquification technologies for production enhancement of Gas Wells
- Digital model for dynamic pigging of S1-VA-U deep water pipeline network , EO Asset
- Evacuation options for Panna oil via BCPA3 to MUT and BPA oil via Panna SBM, B&S Asset
- Development of Mathematical Model for Rod Guide Optimization to Minimize SRP Failures due to Tubing Buckling.
- Digital model for transient studies for operability of Gas Grid network, Tripura Asset
- Development of Nano-material Reinforced Particle Gel Systems for Water and Gas Shut-off in Carbonate Reservoirs” with IIT(ISM)-Dhanbad
- Flow Assurance of Waxy Crudes in Pipelines with IIT- Bombay
- Developing a Suitable Process for Desulfurization of Diesel Feed from ONGC Plants without using Hydrogen to Achieve BS-VI Sulfur Norms with IOCL, Faridabad.
2. Technologies upgraded/ inducted:
- Development of environment friendly alternate Solvent for Asphaltene removal
- Development of suitable enzyme based breaker for frac fluid used in CBM
- Development of Novel Single Phase Retarded Acid System for Stimulation of Limestone Reservoir
3. Papers published/presented for National-International Journal/Conferences:
- A. Patents Filed: 01
- Improved Indirect Bath Heater for Optimum Heat Utilization
- B. Patents obtained: 02
- Composition and Method for preparation of a fracturing fluid
- Recovery of Heater Treater Gas For Fuel Gas Purpose
- C. Copyrights Filed: 01
- Oil field Analyser (OFA)” Software for data analysis for oil field
- D. Copyrights registered: 01
- SAS (system analysis of sucker rod pump)