The Institute of Oil & Gas Production Technology (IOGPT) was established in 1984 with assistance from United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) to meet the production and processing related technological requirement of Oil and Gas fields and Processing plants. The institute is located amidst picturesque surroundings at the Technology Park in Panvel, Navi Mumbai, about 50 km from Mumbai on the Mumbai-Pune highway.
- To ensure customer satisfaction by providing reliable, cost effective and timely services
- To develop scientifically oriented and technically competent employees through motivation and training
- To equip with eco-friendly and state-of-the-art technologies.
To be the foremost among the companies providing consultancy and support services to the Hydrocarbon Industries
To provide reliable services through up-gradation, development and assimilation of technologies
IOGPT is the first Institute in the country to provide an integrated R&D support to the entire spectrum of Oil and Gas production, which begins at the well bore and culminates at the consumer point. It is a centre of excellence for applied R&D and offers consultancy services in the areas of:
- Well completion, intervention & completion plan
- Sand control
- Water & gas shut off
- Well stimulation
- Conceptual and feasibility studies for surface facilities
- Studies related to value added products
- Preparation of process package for surface facilities
- Field development facilities
- Debottlenecking studies
- Optimization of surface facilities
- Crude characterization studies
- Pipeline network optimization
- Flow assurance studies
- Artificial Lift System Design & Optimization
- Static & Dynamic testing of Gas Lift Valves
- Integrated production modelling
- Well bore Hydraulics and Analysis
- Material selection for tubing, wellhead, X-mas tree, pipelines
- Material failure analysis
- Internal & external corrosion protection, identification & evaluation of corrosion inhibitor
- Corrosion rate determination
- Pitting tendency prediction
- Prediction of scaling tendency
- Formulations and techniques for scale mitigation
- Deepwater completion, production and Subsea Technology
- Conceptual studies for Offshore Field Development
- Specialized Trainings in Artificial Lift, Well Completions
- Hands-on Simulator Training
- IADC course on well control
Apart from catering to the needs of the Assets, Basins & Plants of the parent organization, IOGPTs clientele includes Joint Venture companies, ONGC Videsh and other commercial entities in the Oil & Gas sector.
The major strength of IOGPT lies in its highly qualified, trained and experienced technical manpower which has a harmonious blend of youth and experience, who are equipped to take up any challenge in the field of hydrocarbon production and processing.
The infrastructure at IOGPT includes state of the art laboratories with sophisticated equipment to support the applied R&D to achieve high quality experimental results. IOGPT has the following well equipped laboratories:
- Stimulation laboratory
- Process laboratory
- Analytical laboratory
- Corrosion laboratory
- Water and Gas shut-off laboratory
- Artificial Lift laboratory
Till February 2022, IOGPT has completed around 2950 projects related to various aspects of petroleum production and processing and has more than 250 research paper publications in various national and international seminars, conferences and journals. It has 15 patents and 13 copyrights in its name related to technologies and techniques and another 7 applications for Patents and 6 for copyrights are under process.
The institute is equipped with the latest and the most advanced information technology tools to keep pace with the ever-changing technology. It has Sophisticated advanced computing facilities based on work station concept and latest software for each domain function catering to their computational needs.
Information Centre of IOGPT is a specialized technical library that supports the learning and research goals of ONGC and also serves as a centre for information in entire field of technology and applied science. It is equipped with a comprehensive range of collections covering specialized books, academic journals, reference materials, standards and databases.
IOGPT is one of the four locations that has the OCC (Onshore Control Centre for Offshore Control) setup. The system implemented is used for initiating Emergency Shut Down (ESD) commands to well platforms as well as 13 process platforms in case of an emergency for ensuring the safety of offshore operations and operating crew. It could also be used for disaster recovery in case of natural calamities.
The whole project involves state-of-the-art control centers and collaboration rooms for:
- 24x7 hours operation and monitoring,
- video conferencing with offshore process complexes and drilling rigs,
- monitoring of rotating equipment data from process platforms, Integrated with various third party systems like:
- SCADA (production, drilling, lift optimization and ESP data)
- VRC (sub-surface data)
- VATMS (logistic data)
- IAM (integrated asset management)
IOGPT has the distinction of being the first Institute in ONGC having the NABL accreditation. IOGPT is the first R&D Institute of ONGC to introduce an integrated Quality, Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management System (QHSE), in its pursuit of excellence.It iscertified for ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001: 2015 (Environment Management System), ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System).
IOGPT has IADC accreditation for imparting well control training programs on work over well control to meet operational requirements of field going personnel.
Verticals/ Departments operating in IOGPT and with Patents and Copy Rights:- Please see the link
I/C- Business Development , 2ND Floor Phase-II, IOGPT, Panvel , Pin: 410221, Dist : Raigarh
(LL) : 022-2748-6130/6211/6100, (M) : 996922-8911/ 996828-2210
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org