Established in November 2003, in the historic, culturally rich and highly industrialised city of Vadodara, School of Maintenance Practices (SMP) is the flagship of Technical Services. The institute was established as a 'Single Window' with the aim to provide comprehensive technical development of Maintenance Engineers and therefore the focus of trainings are the Field Engineers who operate and maintain the Oil Field Equipment.
Major Highlights for the year 2021-22:
Against its annual target of 118 trainings, SMP organized 123 trainings, out of which most of the trainings were conducted in online mode due to prevailing situation due to COVID-19 Pandemic. OEM/OES and Government Institutes like National Skill Training Institute (NSTI), National Power Training Institute (NPTI) and National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) have used visuals, animations and soft simulations to make trainings as effective as classroom mode of training. Total 802 ONGC employees have been trained during the year. Two (02) New Training Programs, as listed below, have been conducted during the year:
i) Two (02) new Training Programs, as listed below have been conducted during the year
- Classroom based training on “O & M of Halliburton make Batch-mixer” was conducted in collaboration with ONSG -Vadodara through OEM- M/s Halliburton.
- Online training on Wind Energy Technology through M/s NIWE (National Institute of Wind Energy) - Chennai was conducted for the first time
ii) Specialization training for Graduate Trainees
10 batches of Graduate trainees (total 129 Nos.) were trained against a plan of 07 batches.
Discipline wise break up of GTs training during the year is given as under:
Mechanical : 53 Nos. in 4 batches
Electrical : 52 Nos. In 3 batches
Instrumentation & E&T : 24 Nos. in 3 batches
iii) Training program for 2021-22 (plan vs achievement):
|Year||Number of Programs||Number of Executives Trained||Man-days Trained|
iv) Initiatives taken by SMP are as follows:
- SMP has obtained ISO-9001: 2015 certification for QMS for the quality of trainings being conducted by the Institute.
- The complete data for the online trainings organized by SMP in FY 2021-22 has been codified and updated in SAP. The analysis of data has helped SMP in generating reports. The data can be accessed by all Assets/Basins /Plants /individuals and can help in planning the development needs of individuals.
- Impact analysis of trainings conducted by SMP was done for the FY 2019-20 & 2020-21. Cost savings on account of reduction in OEM FSR visits to the tune of INR 157.63 Lakhs was achieved.